Friday, April 27, 2012

The Modern Classics Bucket List


So I see today Yahoo! has several lists titled “100 Movies to See Before You Die.” As I skim the different categories; Funniest Movies, All-Time Classics and Modern Classics, I thought “why don’t I try and concur one of these lists?” So I looked at each, listed which movies I hadn’t seen before, counted those up and decided I was going to try conquering…Modern Classics! (For those curious…there were 57 Funniest Movies I hadn’t seen and 74 All-Time Greats).
My goal is to see as many 52 Modern Classic below before the end of the year. And ideally I’d like to have a follow-up blog stating which ones I truly thought belong on the list because as I look it over I have intentionally chosen not to watch some of these, tried watching them and gave up or just plain haven’t’ heard of them before. We’ll see where the adventure takes me. But for now, I’ll begin with Netflix Instant Watch…they have 9 of the movies, so there’s my start.
Take a look below…any on my missing list surprise you? For me, I still can’t believe I’ve never seen Finding Nemo and Thelma & Louise. How’d I miss those?  Have you seen of these and are thinking “she’s crazy, that movie blows!” Or do you see a favorite here? Let me know.
Modern Classics I’m Missing:
  1. Goodfellas
  2. Thelma & Louise
  3. Hard Boiled
  4. Malcolm X
  5. The Player
  6. Raise the Red Lantern
  7. Supercop
  8. Unforgiven
  9. Chungking Express
  10. Ed Wood
  11. Four Weddings and a Funeral
  12. The Shawshank Redemption
  13. Red
  14. Before Sunrise
  15. Living in Oblivion
  16. Sense and Sensibility
  17. The Usual Suspects
  18. Big Night
  19. Dead Man
  20. Ghost in the Shell
  21. Lone Star
  22. Secrets & Lies
  23. Trainspotting
  24. Eve's Bayou
  25. L.A. Confidential
  26. The Sweet Hereafter
  27. The Big Lebowski
  28. Fireworks
  29. Out of Sight
  30. All About my Mother
  31. Princess Mononoke
  32. Run Lola Run
  33. Three Kings
  34. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
  35. Yi Yi
  36. Amelie
  37. Donnie Darko
  38. In the Mood for Love
  39. Mulholland Drive
  40. The Pianist
  41. Y Tu Mama Tambien
  42. City of God
  43. Elephant
  44. Finding Nemo
  45. A History of Violence
  46. The Lives of Others
  47. 4 Months, 3 Weeks, and 2 Days
  48. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
  49. Michael Clayton
  50. No Country for Old Men
  51. Slumdog Millionaire
  52. The Hurt Locker
To see the full list go:

1 comment:

  1. Ones that jump out at me from you list of unseen movies:

    - Sense and Sensibility
    - Trainspotting
    - The Sweet Hereafter
    - Run Lola Run (If you like Run Lola Run watch the Princess and the Warrior too)
    - The Pianist

    ReplyDelete