Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Read and Send to 10 Friends or You'll Die

(I'm looking at you!)

I’m easily annoyed. Sometimes it’s justified but usually not. This is a short list of things yesterday that raised by blood pressure just slightly, caused my eyes to roll and made me think “Gosh I hate this shit!.” I realize my list incorporates a lot of my friends. I still love you all but know when you do the first two things on my list, I want to put you in a choke hold and yank on your hair.

First things first…chain emails. Please for my sanity please stop sending these. I’ll say right now to everyone…thank you for wanting my money issues to go away. Thank you for wishing me good luck for the next 40 years. But no thank you for wishing me an untimely death if I don’t send this email to 19 friends. Don’t count me as one of your 19 friends! Know that the moment I realize what you sent, I hate you for a tiny second and will until the moment I get it out of my sight. (Ok, hate is a little strong but I’m not changing it) Yesterday I received the same chain email from 3 different co-workers! Really!?! Really!?! Please choose to break the cycle. I do. And I can tell you that I’m not followed around by a black cloud; You’ll live!!! Stop being paranoid and delete that chain email or at least smarten up and stop sending them to me. Now I’ll be fair and say a few emails I do appreciate: LOLCATS, people you find at Wal-Mart, funny video clips or just plain forwarded emails containing something interesting. The moment it states “send this to…” I’m annoyed! So…STOP IT ALREADY!

As for facebook, they have their own version of “chain” emails. If you have ever posted “I have the best son, he is incredible. I want to eat his face. Re-post this if you have a wonderful son.” Then know I just flared my nostrils in aggravation and shot you with lasers from my eyes. I love sentimental posts on facebook. I would like to know you love your son and how he’s affected your life, but if you just repost that shit because someone else’s post told you too, I think you are lame! (I’m so sorry family because a lot of you are guilty of this.) So when you see those posts asking you to repost if you think you have the best husband, wife, mother, family, daughter, dog or whatever, please refrain. Find the uniqueness you have within and put something original about that special person; It’s more heartfelt and sincere and those are two things society could use more of anyways.

I have no idea why but the sight of George Lopez annoys me. It never fails that when I’m ready for bed and channel surfing, his stupid ass talk show is on TV. Sometimes I try and stomach watching him for a few minutes because I notice he has an actual guest I’m interested in, but it never fails, I must change the channel. Not only is he unattractive, his personality irritates me and I think he’s a lousy talk show persona. So if you watch George Lopez, I think you’re crazy! I also have a hard time watching Jay Leno and David Letterman. In fact, I didn’t start watching late night talk shows until Conan came around and what happened, nobody watched and he was booted out. WTF!?! Maybe I’ve got no taste.

What irritates you? Maybe it’s people blogging about what irritates them, or maybe it’s people who overuse LOL…you tell me!

6 comments:

  1. I also can't stand "I love jesus!" comments on facebook. Praise the lord, the almighty, etc. etc. If I wanted to hear how awesome he is, I'd be going to church.

    Amen! (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming from a Mexican...I hate...HATE!!! George Lopez...he does nothing for us but talks shit, can i say shit on this blog. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL LOL LOL i love this post... so true about the chain emails i delete...
    i don't like when somebody feels the need to give you their opinion if it directly effects you!?! (in a negative way) i.e a lady always asks what my husband does for a living so i tell her the co. he works for and she always says oh i liked it better when it was _____... oh okay 'cause I am pretty happy with his job and so that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. All of those things make me want to get out my shiv.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to hear that someone besides me hates the < send this so blah blah blah > As much as I do...Also thought you'd like to know that they just booted Good ole George back an extra hour to make room for Conan..lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaay i've never done any of those things you listed. I feel pretty good about myself right now. :D

    ReplyDelete