Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Random Ramblings with a Splash


Man, oh man. It feels like ever since I made it a goal to write a blog weekly, I’ve become completely speechless. So here is a few random ramblings that don’t quite require their own blog but together make a little something crazy…

It feels incredibly good when I can delete a show from my dvr. I am constantly annoying my husband with how fast I want to delete our shows when quote “we have plenty of room for more.” But I get this overwhelming sense of accomplishment when I hit delete. One less thing to look at. One less thing waiting to get done. It just tickles my fancy. I can’t help it. The organizer inside of me wants things at a minimum, so please honey just deal because it makes me happy.

Now, I know something that does not make me feel good. In fact, it’s gross and makes me grind my teeth in irritation when it happens. Ever take a dump and when the shit drops it splashes water right onto your butthole? Yikes! I hate that!!! Nothing like pinching off a loaf and you get the surprise cold back splash. LOL, yes this blog is random today.

For those of you that have been following my path to becoming a derby chick and are excited to watch me bout…well I’m that much closer! On December 17th I was officially tested on all my minimum required skills and passed! Yahoo! Now I’m allowed to practice with the big girls. And best yet, we have a bout in Evansville, IN that features both our teams. SO, a lot of girls are needed to travel and compete and guess what??? Yours truly, should be bouting. I only say should because this past Friday I took a really hard fall on my knee. I don’t think it’s seriously injured, everyday it feels better and better but I’m still not ready to skate. And with the bout only being three weeks away, I really need to be able to practice. So my fingers are crossed that everything goes well and I can bout.

And for those of you that read and are creative, I still need a derby name. Right now the leading contender is Va Va Vicious. You’ve got something better??? (Unfortunately my Husband’s awesome suggestions of: Macho Ma’m Brandy Savage, Queen of the Slammed and Queen Kong are already taken)

Also, I’m a HUGE fan of movies. And last year I attended an Oscar Party at the Hollywood Palms in Naperville and had a blast. (She how glamerous we look above.) The $20 admission gets you champagne, appetizers, “swag bag”, and photo. You get to walk the “red carpet”; the Academy Awards are shown the BIG screen; there is a silent auction and the place has GREAT drinks. I’m purchasing my ticket this Friday, so PLEASE join me. I want to overrun the place with my friends. For more information click on the link below:

http://www.hollywoodpalmscinema.com/events/2011/02/27/special-events/academy-awards-viewing-party-variety-fundraiser/

1 comment: