Thursday, July 28, 2011

Getting Back to my Roots



Well folks, I’m getting back to my roots…literally. I have chopped of all my hair into almost a pixie cut and what remains is my au natural ash colored hair. Why would I do this? Well, first I look good with short hair. And secondly, I just got fed up with dying my hair.

I suppose my desire to consolidate my spending this year did contribute. Now that I coupon, that impulsion to save money is driven into me even harder. The need to save money is so strong currently that even the access to a very good and very cheap stylist could not sway my mind. (Side note: Thank you Jenny!)

I have been coloring my hair since 7th grade and I had never looked back. I’ve been blonde, black, all shade of reds and browns and each time I think I’ve found the perfect look. But I’ve always been too whimsical to stay with any one look for long, and now that I’m aging and it has come to my attention that gray hairs aren’t so far in the future, I’ve decided to change.

Michael, my silvering fox, is currently plucking out random gray hair. My other half is starting to get gray hairs!!! That makes me feel so old. And I can’t even properly make fun of him because I can’t really say I don’t have grays because my hair has too much unnatural coloring to tell.

So this weekend, I decided to chop the hair off. It was overly needed. My roots were almost two inches long and the dark red had faded to an orange. I just couldn’t walk around feeling so dishelved, the hair had to go.


And I love it! Takes me two seconds in the morning to do. I’ve got a new fascination with headbands and I’m dying to get some earrings that will actually show. I highly recommend giving short hair a go sometime, it feels so good. I’m overjoyed to report that I have yet to spot any gray. So for now, I will rock my natural ash color and leave the coloring for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment