Thursday, July 15, 2010

Goals of a Vanishing Woman

(Desmond and I last month at Navy Pier. He's the muse behind #2.)
This morning I woke up and had a joyous surprise on the scale. I am FINALLY out of the 220’s!!! I’ve been in the low 220’s for the past three weeks and I really thought my running class would have zipped me right out of them but to no avail. Then that magical thing called a period happened and I’m out of the 220’s. Hallelujah! Does that sound funny to you too? For some great unknown reason to humanity I actually drop weight faster when on my period. Unlike many woman who retain water and get bloated, I feel my absolute best during my period and usually the weight lost stays off as long as I continue eating healthy and exercising, which I fully plan on doing.

So, this new found sense of accomplishment makes me want to list some of the things I want to accomplish this year and here they are:

#1 – ROLLER DERBY – Say what!?! Yup, that’s right, wimple dimple me wants to try out for Roller Derby. I saw my first and only bout a couple months ago and thought it looked like an awesome time. Yes, I’m scared of failing, tripping, meeting new people, losing some teeth, getting hurt in general but I think there are more positive than negatives like exercise, making friends and having a good time. Plus, it’s something I can do for me. I miss playing a competitive sport. Now, joining might be an issue, so my actual goal is to contact the recruiter of the Rockford Rage team and find out what would be required. I’ve done a little research and in general practice is required 2 – 3 times per week; Monday thru Friday is a problem for me. But I’m keeping my fingers crossed I’m not the only working mom and that they have some late night practices. So if I can practice and I can afford the monthly dues, then I want to go for it and I expect you all to be there at my first bout…now for the most interesting part…what should my name be???

#2 – TATTOOS – There are two tattoos that I want. So I’m going to set a weight goal for each to keep me motivated and working toward getting those tattoos and a better body. First, I have a butterfly tattoo on my ankle that I hate. I love that it was a sister tattoo but it is fug-ly! I had to learn the unfortunate lesson that a shared stencil for a tattoo does not look the same when done by different tattoo artists. My sisters had one artist, I had another and let it be said I got the shitty artist. Needless to say, I want a cover-up tattoo. I have a necklace of the Tree of Life and when I looked it up, not only did I find the symbolism of the tree beautiful but the figure as well. So, when I reach Onderland (that’s out of the 200’s), I’m going to get my Tree of Life tattoo over my butterfly. My other tattoo is still a work in progress; I know I want Desmond’s name but not sure with what or where, but I want it bad. So I’m making this the harder one to reach. When I reach 180, I’m allowed to get it. 180 may seem like a lot to you still but I haven’t been 180 since high school; In fact I graduated at around 190, so I’m excited to see how I’ll look at 180.

#3 – PICTURES - I want to document being thin or I should say in shape. There’s this awesome photography studio that does Boudoir & Pin-up girl photos that my friend sent me. Not only will my husband appreciate the photos but I will too. I don’t want anything I couldn’t show my close friends and family, which means all my bits will be covered, so when I’m old and wrinkly I’m going to show my kids and grandkids and say “Hey buckaroos, wasn’t Grandma beautiful?” Hahaha, buckaroos! But seriously, just like Samantha did on Sex and the City, I want to show that “Yeah, that was me. I looked great didn’t I?” I want to look back and see pictures that show I feel beautiful and sexy. Granted it doesn’t take boudoir photos to do it, but it’s something I want to do. I can’t set a weight limit for this one, it’ll be when I feel comfortable enough to take photos half nude.

Well, that’s it for now. I’m super excited that I’m only 18.5 pounds away from getting my cover-up tattoo and I think I’ll be sending that email to the recruiter when my running class ends on August 3rd. If I can’t fill up my time doing some roller skating, then I think I’ll continue running. I’m beginning to like it more and more and I’m hurting less and less from it.

What else can this vanishing woman look forward too as a skinny broad?

1 comment:

  1. Tear it up! We're here to support you; where there's a will (and a babysitter), there's a way.

    Love you and keep up the hard work.

    ReplyDelete