Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Embracing My Inner Mitchell


 I’ve got two words for you…Modern Family. If you aren’t watching this show, then you should be. I admit, I was late jumping on the band wagon. It’s not that I wasn’t interested, I had just missed the first few episodes and I’m the kind of person that wants to appreciate everything from start to finish. So I figured, oh well. Not oh well. It delayed my ability to spread the cheer that is Modern Family. Once I love something, I like to spread the word. **coughtwilighthungergamescough** So, this is one chance I’m taking and I’m begging you, please watch this show. You might have seen a clip here or there. You might have noticed that the characters talk to the camera sometimes. You might have noticed a hot wife with an old dude and thought, this show looks funky. But trust me, it works. It just does. I know we all live busy lives. But if you rented the DVD’s, one episode would be approximately 22 minutes of your life. And I promise, it’ll at least make you chuckle if not full out belly laughs. Who wouldn’t want to add 22 minutes of daily fun into your life?

Now, why am I mentioning Modern Family now and never before? Well, because I was called a Mitchell. (Sorry folks this is where only MF watchers will understand. But you can get in the know if you would just watch MF already!) Modern Family has a whole cast of characters and I think we can see a little of ourselves in each character. BUT I’m a little more one than the others and I was surprised to learn it was Mitchell. Though I figured I would land on the Pritchett family side, I always figured it was would be Claire. Mitchell is up tight; he is a worry wart, and mild mannered. (Wait, that kind of sounds like me, hmmmm.) He gets embarrassed by his overly flamboyant partner Cameron. (Michael isn’t necessarily flamboyant but he surely does embarrass me…like the first time he called Desmond “Dorito” at the grocery store. Like I would name my kid Dorito!)

But I realized the more Michael and I watched this show, the more he pointed at me when Mitchell was getting his screen time. To make it more official, I mentioned his comments to two of my friends and both were like “totally.” (Did you just imagine Bill & Ted right now…nope? Nevermind.) How is it that others see yourself so much more clearly? Or perhaps, why do I think I hide my anal tendencies better than I do? And to further prove how correct they are, I randomly took a “Which Modern Family Character Are You” quiz online and it came up as Mitchell. So I guess, it’s official. I’m a Mitchell and Michael is definitely my Cameron…though I think he’s got a ¼ of Phil mixed in.


http://www.buddytv.com/personalityquiz/modern-family-personalityquiz.aspx?quiz=100000036

Which character are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment