Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011 - The Year of Fail (or was it?)

Well, I’m overdue to wrap up how I did on my 2011 Resolutions. If you can’t tell from the blog title, I’ll just say it could have been better. So here is my report in short:

#1 Weight – Of course every New Year’s resolution wouldn’t be complete without wanting to lose some weight. My goal was to lose 30lbs. End result: Gain 15 lbs. Oops!

#2 Food – My goal was to cook more often, at least twice a week. And I have to say, I think I can safely say I not only did this goal but have established a new routine. This week alone I cooked three meals and now my husband is cooking tons, so more nights than not are home cooked meals. Winning!

#3 Blog – I wanted to write one blog per week last year for a total of 52. Well, I made it to 43. That’s 82% complete and passing. Score!

#4 Dance Central –The Goal: I want to beat Dance Central before the end of the year. Ha ha ha ha, I think I might have played this game two or three times since I made this goal; Epic failure here.

#5 Running – My goal was to complete a 5k and the Muddy Buddy race. I didn’t even get close. I did pick up running again towards the end of the year but that didn’t stick around long. Fail.

#6 Finances – The goal: Pay off one credit card out of the seven I have. Fail. BUT I will say that we got one card very close to being paid off, it’ll be done in two short months and then we’ll be very close on another card. (Wouldn’t have been able to pay two credit cards off in 2012 if wasn’t for my diligence in 2011.) So I take back that fail. (Also, did you notice my post on facebook about this Christmas being credit free, seriously major improvement for me!)

So that’s how I did on my 2011 resolutions. And though I didn’t succeed in most of them; I’m still proud. Perhaps I would have gained more weight had I not been conscious of it. I know for a fact that my goal to reach 52 blogs dangled the carrot in my face to write something. (And so did my readers that noticed my lack of updates and wondered where I was, thank you!) You can’t win them all, you can only keep trying. Plus what about the things I did in 2011 that weren’t resolutions. I had an adopted solider that I supported with weekly letters and monthly packages for several months. I raised money for the Special Olympics, Huntington’s disease and Breast Cancer. (One of which involved a polar plunge, yikes!)

2011 you were fun…but I’m looking forward to 2012!

Up Next…2012 Resolutions.

1 comment: