Wednesday, September 29, 2010

57 Days and Counting

There is exactly 60 days till my 10 year High School Reunion but only 57 days that I can make the most of what I got. My lovely alums have decided to pick Thanksgiving weekend as our reunion date. I don’t mind the timing, I just wish there was more notice. All year I knew this reunion was quickly approaching and thankfully I have been able to shed 21 pounds till now. But I’m still nowhere near where I could have been had I stayed dedicated throughout the year. So I’ve decided I need a bit of a game plan to make the most of my 57 days.

First off, what a crappy day to start; I have one of my worst colds ever right now. Even my eyes are juicy and starting to crust over. I can’t taste food and have a lack of appetite. The lack of appetite isn’t bad but your body needs nutrition so it’s like force feeding myself right now, I hate it! Anyways, my first plan of attack is Wednesday weekly weigh ins, starting today and ending the day before Thanksgiving. This will keep me accountable. I’m also making weekly videos for youtube with Veronica. Sometimes though our schedules don’t work out and a week is missed and I can’t afford to not weigh in one week and play naïve. If you’re interested in our videos (trust me they aren’t anything special) go to youtube and search for Fatgirlslittlecoat.

I’m also going to follow weight watchers during this time. I have been very successful with weight watchers in the past and I know it can help now. Lately I’ve been just watching what I’m eating and it has kept me at status quo which is good to know that I can continue that when I reach my ideal weight but since I’m not at ideal I need to be more strict right now.

Next step, exercise goals. I’m actually ahead of the game here because I’m in a routine already. Right now I am skating twice a week. That’s four hours of fun exercise. It truly is awesome. I get the burn and pain from a workout but actually enjoy it. It’s my newest addiction and an absolute joy to do. But that’s not all. I also have a membership to my local park district that includes workout classes. On average I’ve been catching one Zumba class a week. So my new goal is to up the ante and make two weekend classes each week instead of one. That would bring my exercise total to about six hours per week. Not too shabby!

So here is today’s weigh in…drum roll please….

9/29: 218.4 (I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.)

My goal is to reach Onederland by the reunion. So to get to 199.9 in the next 8 weeks I’ll have to lose an average of 2.3lbs per week. Not unspeakable but definitely a challenge.

My biggest problem I find is that I can’t think outside the box with food. So if you’ve got a great food find or perhaps an amazing recipe, please share it with me. What keeps you thin?

4 comments:

  1. DON'T DO THIS FOR MORE THAN 14 days straight.... But, if you want to start your day by curbing your appetite AND cleansing your body @ the same time....try this.

    Eat 1 apple & 1 hard boiled egg EVERY MORNING for the next 14 days.



    For lunch: try a protein, vegetable (or salad) and starch



    For dinner: Protein, 2 veggies, 1 fat (i.e. salad dressings/mayo/etc...), 1 carb



    THE BREAKFAST GOT ME EVERYTIME!!!!! It was the TRUE appetite curb-cure. After day 6, I couldn't eat much for the remainder of the day. All I wanted to do was DRINK :-D Hope this helps.

    PS.... I LOVE YOUR PICTURE :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. comment 1 sounds interesting. if you follow it, let me know how it goes.
    im at a standstill now because of the wedding, but i want to get back in the swing to lose 25 after the wedding.
    ~jennifer~

    ReplyDelete
  3. so excited to know that you girls will be posting youtube videos again!
    you should try to do the michael thurmond.... you will be in wonderland by your reunion.. you can go take the quiz to find out your body type then look up recipes!
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. im with you michelle, i am. 60 days is nothing,and hoped wed have more time. i wish i had the iron gut i use to have to the the 6 week body makeover, but i seem to have lost it. Weight Watchers does work, and i think if you commit to counting every last point you will easily meet your goal of 199.9 by reunion. i hope i find roller skating as fun as you do when i give it a try soon, god knows i need the excercise.

    ReplyDelete