Wednesday, October 13, 2010

43 Days and Counting

Des & I at our local pumpkin farm.

It’s been two weeks since I’ve checked in. I know I said it would be a weekly thing but sometimes life doesn’t give you enough time to write a blog each week. But don’t think that just because I didn’t update, I didn’t weigh in either. Not the case!

The first week was ROUGH! I had what I assume was a sinus infection. I waited so long to go to the doctor that I think it was already on its way to resolving itself but they put me on antibiotics none-the-less and now I’m feeling much, much better. That week I went from having no appetite and hardly eating to eating just for comforts sake. And not only was I sick and not watching what I ate; I was also so miserable that I didn’t get in ANY exercise.

The second week I was just a jerk to myself. I had no reason not to jump on the band wagon but I continued to make poor eating decisions after being sick. But luckily this attitude didn’t last for long and as of this Monday, I am doing great. My eating is under control. I am exercising again and feeling empowered about my decision to take back control. So how did my weigh-ins go?

9/28: 218.4
10/6: 217.0
10/13: 215.2


Not bad for two half-assed weeks! I’m losing an average of 1.65lbs per week which is a little under what I needed to reach my goal before my 10 year reunion but at this pace I’d be down approximately 13.2lbs so I can live with that. Also, there’s plenty of time left. I would imagine with a full week’s effort I could be able to top 1.65lbs week, so there’s just enough hope left of reaching Onederland by my reunion.

Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment