Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 - The Year for Doing

Family Photo 2010

Wow, another year is over. I feel like I’m leaving 2010 a brand new woman. I started the year at 239 pounds and leaving it at 209. Good riddance to those 30 pounds! I also, started the year as a nightly couch potato and now I’m happily occupied with derby. I’d really like to keep the momentum going with the positive changes in my life so here is a new list of goals for me to work on in 2011.

#1 Weight – Of course, there’s weight. Who can really leave off that one on their list? My goal is to lose another 30 pounds in 2011. This should be pretty easy. First off, my previous 30 pounds were really lost in the second half of 2010, so this goal should be more than obtainable. Plus, I’ve blogged previously that when I reach 180 pounds I can get my Desmond tattoo…well losing 30 pounds would get me there and I really want that tattoo!

#2 Food – It’s no secret I HATE to cook. But this goal really benefits me and my family. I am committing to cooking two meals a week. Now two meals a week might not sound like a lot but for me, it is. I average one meal a week if I remember to purchase stuff to make spaghetti. My kid eats way too much processed food. And if I eat correct proportions (and I will, I’m watching that waistline) I should have enough leftovers to carry over for me and Des for a few days. And for those of you that read my blog and love to cook, send me your easy to make recipes. Or if you know of a cookbook that has lots of kid friendly meals, give me the name of it. I’m not afraid to ask for help. I would also be interested in a cooking party that you prepare meals for the week and freeze them. I literally just need someone to show me the way.

#3 Blog – Blogging makes me happy. But sometimes I get lazy and don’t feel like doing it. On those lazy days that I make myself write, I always thank myself for pushing. So my goal is to write once a week or have 52 total at the end of the year. That’s guaranteeing me that I’ll feel a sense of accomplishment each week.

#4 Dance Central –I want to beat Dance Central before the end of the year. Now, I want to say I’ll beat it on hard but I have never in my entire life beat a game that wasn’t on easy. SO, I’ll go as far as saying I’ll beat the entire game on medium before the end of the year.

#5 Running – Last year I took a zero to 5k class. I never reached the point that I could run the entire 5k but I definitely saw an improvement. I want to complete at least one 5K. AND on top of that…I want to get in enough shape to compete in the Muddy Buddy Race. The Muddy Buddy Race is a running/biking race with obstacle courses that end in a mud crawl. I almost signed up this past year with my friend Dayna but I just didn’t feel ready to compete in it. Not only will training for these races help my weight loss but it’ll help me build endurance that will benefit roller derby. It’s a win-win situation.

#6 Finances – We started 2010 with seven credit cards. Yes, seven! We like many Americans have our fair share of debt and have wanted to work out a plan to pay them off. Well, we got as far as one card.
So as we enter 2011 with six credit cards to pay off, my goal is to pay off at least two more cards. That’s one more than this year and that much closer to being out of debt.

So that’s what I’m starting with in 2011. If I think of more, then I guess I’ll just have to blog about it later. I’m always heard that if you write your goals down then you are more likely to accomplish them. Take a moment and write a few things down for yourself. You never know what can happen. I blogged in July that I wanted to check out derby and by August I did and now I’m still doing it. I might have never taken the initiative had I not written it down. Happy New Year’s everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. So Inspring!! Thank you gives me hope that things are possible. Congrats on the weight loss in 2010.. look forward to the blog posts and videos on youtube
    Have a Happy New Year with your family!

    ReplyDelete