Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Have I Seen You Before?

A while back facebook had a thread going where people change their profile picture to a celebrity they had been compared too. And at the time, I had none. Must mean that I’m 100% original right? But a few weeks past, the fad on facebook faded and that’s when I found my “celebrity” match. Her name is Katie Featherston, the chick from Paranormal Activity. Now I watched the movie before anyone suggested her as my look-a-like and I didn’t see the similarities but it might have been because I was so distracted because she was acting like me 100% in the movie. It was like watching me on screen. (And now that I think about the similar looks probably helped add to the creepiness factor.) I kid you not, I would pause the movie and look at my husband and say something like “oh hell, no! I’d want out of that house.” Then I’d go back, unpause the movie, and the character would say “oh hell, no! I want out of this house!” It was eerie how close my reactions were to hers. I should sue her for stealing my freak-out essence; apparently it could make me some money. (What do you think? She look like me?)


But there’s one more character that I would like to mention. Paul Rudd played a guy with no male friends in I Love You, Man. I swear as I watched this movie, I was watching myself. Though we may not look-a-like at all; his awkward attempts at making friends is how I feel on a daily basis. I am not without friends and I know my friends would say I’m not shy but things are different when you put me in a close-knit group of people. Remove me from that and I’m lost. So, meeting new people for the first time is really hard for me. Starting up a conversation and maintaining it is nearly impossible. Not to mention my total lack of being able to think on the fly. So Paul Rudd gets an honorable mention for being my amazingly awkward twin. And I highly suggest if you’ve never seen I Love You, Man then please do. (And think of me, you might remember a less confident Michelle.)

And then there's this kid...Charlie McDermott. Come on! He could be my little brother, no?

Who’s your celebrity twin?

2 comments:

  1. We just saw "I Love You, Man". Alexis and I don't have any friends either. Alexis' friends abandoned her when she started high school, and all my friends from when I was single are GONE! My one and only friend that I had for 25 years and I had a falling out a few years ago. We don't speak anymore. It's hard for us to make new friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that same problem on Facebook I have no idea who my celebrity look a like is. I wish someone would tell me!

    ReplyDelete