Wednesday, May 4, 2011

MILF Me

This is a wee bit of an embarrassing confession for me but I think everyone can relate to wanting to feel desired. Regardless if you consider yourself hot or very plain, we all experience the same emotions. I’d also like to add because he might be wondering…my dear husband does make me feel desirable. But when you love someone you see more than just the outside. I’m talking about at a first look kind of desire.

How many times have you seen a teen-flick with the slow motion entrance of the school hottie? The boy stares and drools. Declares “oh yes, she will be mine.” (Ok, that was a rip from Wayne’s World but the saying fits here anyways). I always thought and hoped I was that moment for some boy in school. I’m not talking to the point of obsession but just enough of a moment that someone stops what they are doing and appreciates the view in front on them.

Ok, now I’m making myself blush. That totally sounded like I think I’m an almighty bombshell. Not what I mean to express, so read between the lines. Maybe it’s because I’m a girl and have lived those moments myself that makes me think boys did that in return. Do you guys? I swear middle school for me was filled with daily slow action films as a cute boy entered the classroom. (Hello, anyone else notice Vince DiMaria in 7th & 8th grade?) Is it so wrong to hope that they did that in return?

Now as an adult I’m not much better. My derby wife currently loves telling the story how I look around when I’m dancing to see who’s watching me. It’s true, I do. I can’t help it. And I swear it’s 100% of the reason I get hit on too. (So single ladies this might be something you want to try.) Think about it. You’re dancing and you look around to see who’s watching. Since you are looking and they are looking, eye contact is made. But have you ever caught someone watching you before? What’s your instinct? You turn away. Then you keep checking to see if they are still looking. It’s like instinctual to keep checking. Hence, lots more eye contact. Which I think puts out a “friendly” vibe to the watcher, therefore results in getting approached by dudes. Not a system I need since I’m not looking (very happily married, you see) but give it a try spinsters.

And what do I strive for now…being a MILF! Thanks a lot American Pie for putting that term in my head. No, I’m not looking to score with a younger man like in the movie. Cougardom is not for me. But again, I want to be a hot mom. Plain and simple. I want Desmond’s friends to think “Damn your dad’s lucky!” And I feel it’s safe to assume that my husband would appreciate having a hot wife. It’s a win-win for me and him. I suppose it’s not such a bad thing to strive for.

1 comment: