Wednesday, May 26, 2010

American Idol - And the Winner is...


…LEE DEWYZE!!! But unfortunately, I’m not 100% sure. Last week I single handily predicted Lee to be the winner. He had no competition last week. He would easily have been called the champion BUT Crystal seriously pulled out the big guns and Lee went down in burning flames last night. So why do I still think he’ll win? First, I’m loyal to the core. I believe most people are loyal to the things they love. Lots of people love Lee and I’m thinking they still love him after his major smack down last night. Secondly, Lee is more lovable. He’s nervous, he seems overwhelmed and amazed at what is happening in his life and he’s really making the process of making something out of nothing relatable to the everyday person like myself.

It’s not that I don’t like Crystal. She became my favorite after Didi got the boot. But I didn’t see any growth, I didn’t see anything new from her and I just grew bored. As that happened, Lee started to come out of the dark corner he was hidden in and I was suddenly on the Lee Dewyze bandwagon. (I’m still a Didi fan. She got it dirty on the show.) I will give it to Crystal, last night she was amazing and I think she has great things ahead of her. She did exactly what she needed to do to be in the top spot and it could go either way really but she just lacks something to me and what she lacks, Lee has.

So I’m sticking with my original pick. Lee for the win!

What was your favorite moment this year on Idol? Mine was the Lee and Crystal duet. I hope we get a repeat performance on tonight’s results show.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that Crystal may have out sung Lee last night, however, I don’t feel it was his fault. The songs he was given just weren’t as powerful as Crystal’s in my opinion. I still feel Lee will win and he deserves it. He wants it for all the right reasons. To me, I feel Crystal is not being herself lately, very awkward and outspoken all of a sudden. Her answers are always soo strange to me. And her “jokes”, really?!? LOL -Dayna C.

    ReplyDelete