Friday, May 21, 2010

Bang Bang I Shot You Down


Way to go Grey’s Anatomy…that was one hell of a season finale!!!

Overall this season was weak. The only reason I was still watching Grey’s was for Christina and Owen. Then the writers started making it look like their relationship was crumbling and I considered flouncing.

But between last weeks show and yesterday’s season finale, I know I’ll be returning to watch next season. (There will be another season right?) Just to briefly touch on last week, I was bawling when Dr. Sloan handed over his grandson to the adoptive parents. It was so hard to watch him do that when you know how much he loved his grandson and wanted to raise him but not having it be his choice. Then his little one on one chat with his daughter afterwards officially pegged him The Man of the show. What happened to Dr. Shepherd anyways? Seriously, when did he lose his sex appeal? Cause it’s disappeared and I’m not even interested in looking for it. I would be negligent if I didn’t mention quickly that Dr. Avery is another steamy dish on the show, just saying.

****Spoilers Alert below for those who haven’t watched yet****

Ok, now for last night…were you not tense the entire two hours??? I couldn’t believe how many main characters got shot. I hate when you see a promo making it look like its going to be a crazy dramatic night and then nothing really happens. Well lots of shit happened last night. BANG! Reid is shot in the forehead. BANG! Alex is shot in the chest. BANG, BANG, BANG as random hospital employees are shot down. The shooter seriously resembles Michael Myers as he slowly roams the hallways killing people, and the scariest thing of all, this shit could happen!

One of my “favorite” tense moments was the scene with Mandy Moore’s character, Dr. Bailey and that other guy. (I’m so sorry other guy, your death did make me cry but I don’t remember your name.) As you hear the shooter ask the other guy “Are you a surgeon?” I’m thinking say no fool, say no! But the other guy says yes and BANG he’s shot in the stomach. And of course, like a good show does, he falls down and is looking at Dr. Bailey hiding under the bed safely while he bleeds out. But all is not safe, Dr. Bailey is dragged out from under the bed like any good scary movie does and is asked “Are you a surgeon?” Right there, the conflict in her eyes should win her an award. The smart lady lies and says “no” and lives and this whole time Mandy Moore is pretending to be dead in the hospital bed. Totally cliché but totally fraking brilliant.

Another “favorite” scene is when Meredith watches the shooter pointing a gun at her husband. The moment the trigger is pulled and the camera shows Christina holding Meredith back as she starts screaming is so well done. Ellen Pompeo’s acting is so believable. Your heart is breaking just by the look on her face and then you start thinking “Not her baby daddy! Not him!” Bravo writers, Brav-o!

Now off to my last “favorite” scene. (Or the last I’ll mention cause there are a TON more.) Owen walks into the O.R. and there sits Meredith waiting patiently as her best friend operates on her husband behind her. Right away you can tell something is up just by looking at Owen’s face. And I’m thinking Derek is dead or dying but as the camera follows Owen into the next room you see the shooter with a gun to Christina’s head, demanding she stop operating on Derek. Say what!?! I guess I should have expected something this crazy to happen but I really didn’t expect to find the shooter there. Again, he was definitely as sneaky as Michael Myers.

It appears that all is going to be well for Derek and Alex. Meredith will eventually have to tell Derek about their miscarriage. I have a feeling that the old Meredith will be back. You know, the doom and gloomy Meredith that made past seasons very hard for me to watch. I also predict that while Derek recovers the old chief will be reinstated; I can just see the power struggle later for Derek to get his old position back.

I guess my main favorite thing about the show was how well the actors/actresses showed emotions on their faces. Words weren’t needed. So as an audience member I was able to feel their fright. On top of that, rouge shooters is unfortunately something society now deals with and I think everyone can imagine the horror if they were ever caught in this situation. Regardless of this show’s dark theme, it was well done, well acted and definitely made me glad to have stayed on the Grey’s Anatomy bandwagon.

1 comment: