Thursday, May 27, 2010

Seasons 52 - Food Diary of a Fat Girl


For the past five months, I’ve been trying to be conscious of the food I’m eating. It’s not long from now that Desmond with turn one and I’m still lugging around 13 pounds of fat from my pregnancy. (Not to mention the additional fat that was there before getting pregnant.) It’s hard to be good when I love food so much. I use food when I’m bored, when I celebrate and when I’m depressed or sad. But one thing that will make going out a little easier on my waistline is a new restaurant in Schaumburg that just opened up, it’s called Seasons 52.

I went to Seasons 52 last night with nine co-workers to celebrate office birthdays. The menu changes each season and each week are new specials, so the menu always has the freshest in-season foods possible. We picked the place because we read that all items on the menu are guaranteed to have 475 calories or less. What a great concept! Our society today is getting so fat I don’t know why there aren’t more restaurants doing this. On their website you can find all their menu items with full nutritional information. So I knew last night exactly how many calories, fat and fiber I had, which was perfect for somebody like me who is doing Weight Watchers.

Now for the best part, the food review. I was knocked out! Not only did everyone’s dishes look delicious but it WAS delicious. I had the soup special, Steak & Onion. The steak was so tender, melt in your mouth good. My friend and I shared the Garlic Chicken Flatbread which was another awesome choice. This dish is originally an appetizer but it was large enough to share as an entrée when paired with the soup. I was definitely satisfied with these two dishes. Other dishes that were ordered were; Shrimp & Crab Stuffed Mushrooms, Spicy Tuna Roll, and Shrimp Penne Pasta. I didn’t hear one complaint from my fellow co-workers.

And the best part of the food…dessert. They have this dessert presentation where they bring fresh dessert right to your table and you get to see what each one looked like. My mouth was watering. Each dessert is in a small glass appropriately the size of two large shot glasses. I chose the Caramel Mocha Macchiato, which reminded me of a tiramisu; I would definitely get again. I tried my co-workers Chocolate & Peanut Butter Mousse and it was amazing. (My only complaint was the brownie bottom was bland but the actual mousse part was awesome.) I didn’t get to try my other co-workers desserts but they had the Rocky Road, Baklava, Mango Cheesecake, Key Lime Pie and Pecan Pie desserts. They seriously all looked fabulous. Can you tell I’m a sucker for sweets?

I had a total of 688.5 calories, 26.5g fat and 3g of fiber or in Weight Watcher world better known as 15 points. Not bad for soup, pizza and dessert!!!

So check out Seasons 52. Even if you’re not watching what you eat, I can tell you that if nobody told me the food was 475 calories or less I wouldn’t have been able to tell because it still tastes sinful.

Seasons 52
1770 East Higgins Road
Schaumburg, IL 60173
www.seasons52.com

No comments:

Post a Comment