Wednesday, March 2, 2011

American Idol - The Boys Perform


Here's my recap of last nights American Idol. I also added a few colorful comments from my friends/family; Dayna, Therese and Jill…just thought they were too spot on to ignore. Their comments are in bold.

Country Kid - I was actually impressed with the country kid. I thought he sounded great. He had a good stage presence and the performance was just believable. I know he will be a country singer one day even if he isn’t the winner on Idol.

The kid with the ugly ass glasses…I don’t like him! Yes he sounded good. But he’s awkward. I didn’t like his little dance back and forth. I really hate the glasses and I HATED his song choice. So karaoke! Omg, can’t stand him!! And his glasses remind me of when little babies need those glasses that strap around their heads, LOL.

The Usher kid…COME ON! REALLY!!! Awful, awful, awful…you are going home, goodbye! Yeah, and his excuse “well this really isn’t me”??? Then why did YOU choose it??? Loser.

The Shipyard Kid with Abs…what a safe and boring song for him. (I’ll be) He was the first of many that I thought sounded too soft-sung. I think he really should have performed a Latin song. It’s where his passion is and would have made him shine even if the English speaking audience didn't understand the lyrics. For me it's like watching Rocky Balboa, I'm waiting for him to ask where Adrian is.

The Red Head Hippie – Man, I laughed. He is so awkward. Just for entertainment sakes I want him to stick around. I would have thought a Doors song would have been perfect for him but it wasn’t. He definitely exceeds in a more bluesy song. Plus did you not notice how weird he sounded when he sang words that ended in "er"?

“The Rocker” who sang Judas Priest – I hate him! I think he’s a likeable guy. But I hate him. To me his singing is “shriek, shriek, SHRIEK!!!!” I really can’t see America moving him on. He makes Adam Lambert look like an opera singer.

Robbie the kid with the nose – I’ve never been a fan. And he’s acclamaimed by the judges that he’s one of the best. Well honey, the song “Arms of an Angel” was god awful. Let me pretend to be Randy “it was pitchy man.” I wouldn’t miss him, but I think his smile and his young age will keep him around. I don’t like him. Not sure why, I think because he can sing really well, but for me he is so boring on stage. Could have been the depressing song that reminds me of Sarah McLaughlin on that animal abuse commercial…

Stefano the kid in a bad accident with bug eyes and nice smile – It was ok. I don’t think he was awful but I also completely forgot about him until I looked up who sang again last night. His version of “Just the way you are” well was just the way Bruno Mars sang it. But yet, he didn’t get the usual “you didn’t add anything to do.” Playing favorites much judges? And I found it weird/awkward when he sang, like he had no neck.

Paul McDonald aka Rod Stewart – I LOVED him. I don’t like Rod Stewart but his voice was spot on. It was actually a little alarming because I don’t think his voice matches his face. I loved his weird struts along the stage and I can already imagine him in front of a band. I think he’s a dark horse in this competition. His smile gives me goose bumps. I liked his awkward stage presence, the way he strutted all over.

Jacob the black teddy bear lacking the Ruben appeal – I don’t know about this guy. Whatever he sang at Vegas week was amazing. I thought “that deserved an ovation.” But now I’m already sick of him. Yes, he can sing. But will he be singing anything I want to hear, probably not. On top of that I’m overly distracted by is overuse of eye rolls and lash batting. Honey you aren’t performing for the Baton Club, put away the unnecessary drama performance please. Seriously! I am SO over him. He over-sings every song, and I just can’t stand that. Just sing and sing well, you don’t need to do 29,308,129,038 runs per song.

Casey the Caveman – I wouldn’t call him a dark horse. You can tell he’s in it to win it and is already a judge favorite and with all the air time he receives, he is an audience favorite. What the kid needs now is some “sex” appeal. Perhaps a big cut and shave would be too much at once but I’d like to see this ugly swan bloom. I think it would do him good. I think he is trying to have some sex appeal singing these swanky bluesy songs, but it just doesn’t work with that face. It is like Will Ferrel trying to be sexy, come on!

Tim Halperin – Goodbye! Not only do I not remember your performance last night, I can’t even come up with something to describe who you were last night. I thought he was okay, better then some but still forgettable.

What did you think of last nights American Idol?

2 comments:

  1. I would have to disagree with you. My favorites were James the rocker, Stefeno, The Robby big nose, Casey and Scotty McCreery. I think the cowboy kid was the best of the night. But I disagree with you a lot in your comments. I am more like the other two and you are more like Randy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigod Michelle! I could not agree with you more on EVERYTHING you said. I'm not even kidding. i abolutely love paul mcdonald (aka rod stewart). To me he looks just like bradley cooper and i melt every time he sings or smiles. Love love love him. I really like reading your reviews. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete